Thursday, September 24, 2009

A backyard in Virginia

This summer, my friends Abigail and Jeremiah asked me to photograph their wedding and I have looked forward to it ever since. There are many reasons why, but simply put, because I enjoy Virginia. I love the people there. Abigail and Jeremiah were sweet, laid back and generously treated me like family, and they are surrounded by friends and family like that. And I love the beauty of the state. See below for details! The couple got married in Abigail's back yard on a gorgeous day.

It's wedding day!
Her flowers were so pretty! A little bit of western flair here.
The bling.
The wedding was beach themed...
The food was just as good as it looks, thanks to Abigail's talented friend Stacy.
The dress.
I love this little scene of Heather (another talented friend) doing Abigail's make-up. It reminds me of a little dress up scene that could have happened 10 years ago... this time its for real!The ladies.
The gentlemen.Here is Jeremiah, mustering a smile amidst the tears as he sees Abigail (for the first time that day) walk down the aisle.
Isn't this the best ceremony spot ever?During the ceremony, the couple's niece leaned over to look at me...
Their first dance. Dance lessons paid off!
The couple and I got to sneak away for a few minutes...
This is maybe my favorite of the day. Something about it. The tenderness you see here speaks volumes about their relationship.
They showed me their initials carved in a nearby tree.
Also love this one!A nice portrait.
Congratulations Jeremiah and Abigail!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Beautiful, Liza!

Abby said...

I'm gonna cry all over again!!!! They turned out to beautiful!!! Thank you so much Liza for everything you did!!! :-)